Consolidation Basic Information
- On September 19, 2022 at 7:00 PM the Brothers of James Island No. 396 and Fidelity No. 304; who were able and desirous, responded to their respective Lodge requests and met at James Island Lodge to have an informal discussion as to a consolidation of the two Lodges into one new Lodge. They agreed to name the new Lodge Fidelity James Island and to meet for Regular Communications the first Monday of each month at 730 PM. They also agreed to utilize the property at 1613 Fort Johnson Road. Additional details and information will be forthcoming as outlined in the below bullets. As there were no suggestions made as to the Lodge number; the Worshipful Masters of Fidelity No. 304 and James Island No. 396 decided on 304 several days later as it was the oldest number available. The numbers allowed were 304, 396 and 433; with 433 the next number available from the Grand Lodge. The "history" of Fidelity No. 304 and James Island No. 396 ends November 30, 2022 and the "history" of Fidelity James Island No. 304 begins effective December 1, 2022. This assumed both Lodges formally agree to consolidate.
- Each current Lodge met on their regularly scheduled October Communication date and time to verbally declare the intent to consolidate.
- Not less than twenty (20) days prior to their regularly scheduled November Communication date each Lodge was to send via First Class Mail a formal written Notice of the intent to consolidate to every active member of their respective Lodges. The Notice provided details as contained in the Ahiman Rezon; Chapter IV, Sections 37 through 45, of the 2019 edition. The required Notice for James Island No. 396 was postmarked by USPS 8 OCT 2022. Mailings were sent to the last address member has on file in the GLMMS.
- At the November Communications the formal declaration and vote with discussion were held.
- James Island No. 396 voted to consolidate at their November 7 Regular Communication. Fidelity No. 304 voted to consolidate at their November 8 Regular Communication.
- The Grand Lodge will provide a new Charter to be dated December 1, 2022 and Fidelity James Island Lodge No. 304 will meet on December 5, 2022 at 730 PM to elect the WM, SW, JW, TREAS. and SEC. The WM, SW and JW will also make their appointments.